A classic flavor banana and chocolate,paired perfectly together in this soft yet slightly crunchy outside cookie bars. These little beauties will satisfy the pickiest kid of any age! Perfect for breakfast and kid friendly.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: INGREDIENTS:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup Barney butter almond butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 medium ripe banana,mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten free flour,for baking
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda(gluten free)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (gluten free)
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Step 2: DIRECTIONS:
- Preheat oven at 350 F (180 C). Line a 8 x8 inch (20 x 20 cm) pan with a parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl,add the melted and cooled butter,brown sugar and vanilla. Whisk until creamy and well combined.
- Add the banana and almond butter and stir well.
- Finally,add the dry ingredients and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the pan and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. At 15 minutes baking make the toothpick test, as each oven works differently.
- Let cool completely before you cut into squares.