I hope your day is going well! My sister-in-law made me this recipe and it...is...AWESOME! This is the best ceviche recipe EVER!!! But what is ceviche? It's sort of like a pico de gallo salsa, but with shrimp and BETTER!
The ingredients are fresh and the recipe can be modified to your liking.
The recipe is easy and very short.
Step 1: Ingredients
2 lbs (150-180/lb) shrimp (small)
6 plum tomatoes
1 purple (spanish) onion
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp ketchup
7 limes or approximately 3/4 c. lime juice
1 c. chopped cilantro
2-3 large avocados
Step 2: Chop Up the Veggies
1. Dice the tomatoes, onions, and cucumbers.
2. Place them in a large bowl.
Step 3: Shrimp Prep
3. Thaw shrimp
4. Soak in lime juice for 5 minutes
Step 4: Prep Avocado and Cilantro
5. Finely chop cilantro.
6. Coarsely chop avocado.
Step 5: Mix All the Ingredients
7. Mix all ingredients including the shrimp mix, avocado, and cilantro.
8. Add salt and pepper to taste.
9. If you like it more tangy, add more lime juice.
Step 6: Modifications
If you like the ceviche slightly more thin you can reduce the recipe by 1 avocado and increase it by 1 cucumber.