Introduction: Black and Blue Peacharoo Pie
Let's face it, everybody loves pie. As pie-lovers, we've decided to create what we call the Black and Blue Peacharoo Pie, possibly the most delicious thing ever to be placed on this earth. Be careful who you allow to taste the Peacharoo, for they may begin begging you for more until the day you die.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Pie Crust
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 3/4 Stick of chilled Crisco shortening
- 4-8 tablespoons cold water
2. Slice shortening into flour mixture until a crumbly texture is achieved.
3. Sprinkle water over mixture evenly until doughy consistency.
4. Roll slightly more than half the dough between two pieces of waxed paper and mold into 9" pie dish.
5. Roll remainder of dough into a roughly 10" rectangle. We opted to ditch the classic weaved-top of the pie for a more uniform but easier flat domed top. Set aside for now.
Step 2: Prepare the Filling and Unbaked Pie
- 1 1/2 Cups blackberries
- 1 Cup blueberries
- 4 Cups peeled sliced peaches
- 3/4 Cups sugar
- 1/4 Cup flour
- 2 Tablespoons butter
2. Chop butter into small pieces and place evenly over filling.
3. Take the crust that you set aside earlier and place it over the pie dish. Trim sides with approx. 1/2" overhang. Take knife and cut small sits in top of crust
4. Crimp edge of crust with fork or pinch with fingers.
Step 3: Bake and Enjoy!
Let your oven warm to 425°F and insert unbaked pie. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until the top is a golden brown.
Serve warm with ice cream.
Participated in the