The classic Italian salad that is best when prepared with fresh ingredients!
Yield: serves 2
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 2 spheres of fresh buffalo mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp of dry oregano
- 2 tsp of dry, chopped basil
- 12 leaves of fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
Step 2: Prepare
1. Cut the tomatoes and mozzarella into 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick circles.
2. Assemble the tomatoes and mozzarella so that a mozzarella slice is on top of a tomato slice with a basil leaf in between.
3. You can really arrange the tomato and mozzarella in any way you want.
Step 3: Herbs & Spices
4. Add salt and pepper to salad.
5. Sprinkle the dry oregano and basil over the top of the salad.
Step 4: Olive Oil
6. Pour the olive oil over the top of the salad.
Step 5: Enjoy!
7. Enjoy as your appetizer, or serve with bruschetta or focaccia bread (favorite for this Caprese apron from Positano, Italy!)
Participated in the
Summer Food and Drink Contest