This is a different twist on a cheese based soup.
What you will need:
32 Ounces vegetable broth (I prefer the flavor of the organic)
1-1/2 Tablespoon minced garlic
1 Cup half and half
4 Cups cheddar cheese (finely shredded)
1/2 Tablespoon pepper
1/2 Cup flour
2 Tablespoons of dried dill
1 Pound of pasta
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
1. In a slow cooker combine broth, minced garlic, half and half, dried dill, and pepper. Let cook on high for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
2. Add the cheese and flour, stirring constantly until all the cheese is melted and the flour is thoroughly mixed in.
3. In a separate pot cook pasta. Drain, rinse and add to soup.
4. Let cook on low for additional 15 minutes, soup will thicken slightly.
5. Serve and eat! The soup goes really well with pretzel bread.
Participated in the
Soup and Stew Contest