Introduction: Chocolate Espresso Crinkle Cookies
A sweet, fudgy cookie with an extra sugar surprise! :)
Step 1: Ingredients
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of light, packed brown sugar
- 5 tsp of instant espresso powder
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 4 oz of unsweetened chocolate
- 4 tbsp of unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup of white, granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of confectioner's sugar
Step 2: Prepare
Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line two baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
In a separate bowl attached to an electric mixer, whisk together eggs, brown sugar, espresso powder, and vanilla. In a small bowl, melt unsweetened chocolate and butter [in microwave or over double boiler (in bowl over simmering water)].
Whisk chocolate mixture into egg mixture until well combined. Stir in flour mixture until just combined.
Step 3: Dip
Take about 1-2 tbsp of cookie dough, roll in ball, and roll in white, granulated sugar. Then roll in confectioner's sugar, and place on cookie sheet, each about 2 inches apart. Bake cookies for about 10 minutes or until they have puffed up and have a cracked appearance.
Step 4: Enjoy!
Serve, and enjoy with milk!