Introduction: Crustless Portobello Pizza
The meatiness of portobello mushrooms makes this crustless pizza so satisfying! Great as a guilt-free appetizer or snack for a low carb diet or just for adding veggies to your diet.
I love dairy but dairy doesn't love me =( I used vegan Daiya cheese, it melts and taste a lot like real cheese.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
The amount of toppings will depend on the size of your mushroom, mine was about 5 inches. Use your favourite toppings, below is a list of ingredients I used:
Recipe for one:
1 Portobello Mushroom
1 Clove of Garlic
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
1/4 of a Shallot thinly sliced
1/4 of a Jalapeno thinly sliced
1/4 cup pizza sauce
1/4 cup Daiya Mozzarella Style Shreds ("Cheese")
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, line a baking sheet with aluminium foil.
2. Thinly slice half a clove of garlic and set aside for the topping.
3. Crush the other half of the garlic and mix with the olive oil, set aside.
4. Clean the mushroom by wiping it with a damp cloth or damp paper towel, remove the stem.
5. Lightly brush the top of the mushroom with the garlic olive oil.
6. Spread the bottom side of the mushroom with pizza sauce.
7. Add cheese and toppings of your choice.
8. Bake for 18 - 20 mins, until the cheese has melted and toppings are cooked.
9. Take a picture, tweet and facebook it. Bon appetite!
Participated in the