Introduction: Cutie Pie...Cherry Pie
Perhaps sometimes you would prefer to satisfy your sweet tooth with a small treat rather than an extra large over indulgent dessert. This tiny pie packs a tasty punch to satisfy your sweet cravings. Did I mention, it can all be done in 25 mins (once you have all the ingredients)! What are you waiting for?....lets get our pie on!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients:
1 Package of frozen pie dough
1 can of cherry pie filling
Package of 2 1/3 mini pie tins
2 3/8 biscuit cutter
Step 2: Cut...Fill...Crimp
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Gently unroll one sheet of frozen pie dough.
- Using the 2 3/8 biscuit cutter, cut out pie rounds (2 per tin).
- Place rounds inside a lightly greased tin, gently pressing dough into the bottom of the tin.
- Open Cherry pie filling and generously place a heaping spoon into your pie tin.
- Squeeze the end of a straw firmly until an oval shape is achieved.
- Press straw into the second pie round (top covering), create a steam valve to allow your pies to breathe. Get creative!
- Place tops onto the pies and using a fork, crimp the edges of the pies.
- OPTIONAL: for a shiner crust, whisk one egg with a tablespoon water. Brush pies with egg wash. Sprinkle course sugar for an added texture.
Step 3: Bake and Wait!
IMPORTANT: Put prepared pies on a silicone sheet (foil or parchment) to catch pie spill-over. Place your mini pies in a toaster oven or standard oven. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Step 4: Take a Bite!
Let your pies cool for at least 5 minutes. Gently release pies from tins. For an extra cute presentation, serve on a toy tea set.
Participated in the