This is an excellent, very popular and easy to make cake that all the little kiddos (and some big kids) will LOVE!
1 large package of Oreo cookies
1 package (8 ounces) of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup powdered sugar
3 cups milk
12 ounces Cool Whip (can use chocolate Cool Whip alternatively)
2 packages instant vanilla or chocolate pudding
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Gummy Worms or other Gummy Bugs
1. In a food processor, crush the Oreos until they have a grainy consistency with some large chunks. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter (or margarine), cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract together. Set aside.
3. Combine the milk and pudding mixture until smooth and fold in the Cool Whip. Then fold in the creamed butter, cream cheese, sugar mixture until consistency is rich and smooth.
4. In separate ramakins, layer the crushed Oreos, pudding mixture and gummy worms/bugs, alternating. The last layer on top should be the crushed Oreos, with maybe a couple worms sticking out. Place a few gummy worms/bugs on top of each cake.
5. Chill in the refigerator for 3 to 4 hours before serving.
NOTE: You can get super-creative with this tasty cake by building the layers in a large (non-toxic) flower pot, adding edible flowers on top, or plastic flowers, placing tiny trowels or other gardening materials on the sides (maybe even serving with a trowel). Let your imagination take you where it may with this yummy cake!
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Finalist in the
Play With Your Food Challenge