If you're looking for a delicious, yet easy recipe, this is the instructable for you! In this, I will show you how to make Taco Bake. The process is fairly simple and does not take a ton of time. Let's get cooking!
Step 1: Ingredients & Tools
- 1 lb. ground hamburger
- 1 can Pillsbury buttermilk Grands biscuits
- 1 green pepper
- 1 white onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 packet Mrs. Dash taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup medium Pace salsa
- 1/2 16 oz. bag Colby Jack shredded cheese
- OPTIONAL sides: guacamole, salsa, and tortilla chips
- 9 x 13 glass pan
- medium - large sized frying pan
Step 2: Preparing the Taco Meat
To start, you will want to get out your medium-larger sized frying pan.
Now to the food:
- Put 2 Tbsp. olive oil in and place it on the stovetop on medium heat.
- Mince the pepper, onion, and garlic and place it in the pan. Let these sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the pound of hamburger, and let it brown.
- Add the packet of taco seasoning and 1/2 cup salsa.
- Stir until everything is evenly mixed around.
- If there is a lot of excess grease, after the hamburger is browned, strain the meat over the sink.
Step 3: Preparing the Bake
While the taco meat is cooking, you can work on prepping the bake.
- Open the can of Pillsbury Grands, and separate each biscuit.
- Cut each biscuit into eighths and place it evenly throughout the 9 x 13 pan.
Step 4: Cooking the Taco Bake
Now that you have finished the taco meat and the bake prep, it is ready to bake!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top.
- Place the pan in the middle rack of the oven.
- Cook for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Step 5: Enjoy!
Now that the taco bake is complete, time to serve up and enjoy! You can serve it with additional toppings (i.e. salsa, guacamole, and sour cream).