Hi all !
The summer is almost here, and I already have tons of raspberries in my garden. I like just eat them without anything, but you can create a lot of tasty things with them. Today, I'll make a raspberry pie. I found this recipe on the Internet. I have changed some things to make it easy to make. Follow these simple steps to create this pie !
Enjoy reading ! Again, please tell me if you found grammar mistakes...
Step 1: Ingredients
Ok, you will need:
- fresh raspberries
- 2 eggs
- 30 gr of flour
- 60 gr of sugar
- 1/2 liter of half skimmed milk
- a pack of vanilla flavored sugar
- ready-made shortcrust dough (ok ok, I didn't have the time to prepare it by myself !!)
You will need to do two things on the same time : bake the dough, and prepare the "cream" (the preparation under the fruits).
I love this recipe as it don't need a lot of fat and a lot of sugar.
Step 2: Bake the Dough
- Ok, unroll the dough on a suitable baking mold.
- Turn the oven on, 180°C.
- With a fork, make some holes on the dough.
As we will bake it "blank" (without anything. Is there a real english word for this ?), we need to put something on the dough to prevent it to "inflate".
- Put a sheet of baking paper, and put something heavy on it (small rocks, cherry pits or something else). Remember that the oven is hot, don't put wood or something that may be damaged by the heat !
- Put everything in the oven, for about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove the dough, remove the "rocks" and the paper, and put again the dough for 5 minutes (to finish the baking).
It should have a nice color (lightly brown).
Step 3: The Cream
- Put the sugar, the vanilla flavored sugar and two eggs in a bowl. Mix everything.
- Add 30 gr of flour. Again, mix.
Step 4: The Milk
- In a pan, warm up 1/2 liter of half-skimmed milk.
- When it starts boiling, pour the milk into the bowl, with the eggs-sugar-flour mix.
- Again, mix everything carefully.
Step 5: Finishing the Cream
- Put back the preparation into the pan, and start heating.
- With a spoon, keep mixing the preparation. It will become less fluid (how can we say that in a better english ?)
- When it will start boiling, immediately remove the heat and put the pan into water. Mix again for a few minutes to let it cool at room temperature.
- (Meanwhile, the dough may be ready !)
Step 6: Finishing the Pie
Ok, let everything cool down (the cream and the dough)
When everything is cold, spread a (not thin !) layer of cream on the dough.
Get the raspberries, and start putting them on the pie. Don't simply throw them on the pie ! Pick up them, one by one, and make something pretty. I started by the external side of the pie. Just do as you may prefer.
And... That's all ! You can eat it right now ! (or keeping it in the fridge !)
You can try the same recipe with other fruits, like strawberries, or maybe blueberries.
Thanks for reading !