You will need 1/4 oz. gelatine (a Knox packet) per 1/2 cup juice.
I find that small batches are much easier to use.
- At room temperature, put juice in a pot. Add gelatine. Add sugar, if desired.
- Let sit for 1 minute. This lets the gelatine soften.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Boil 10 or more minutes, until it looks like the bubbles are having real difficulty exiting the mixture.
- Spoon mixture into lightly oiled molds (or a baking pan will do).
- Allow to set in the refrigerator- 1 hour for very small gummies; overnight for very large gummies. They're done when they feel solid.
- Remove from molds.
- Optional: lightly coat with powdered sugar/corn starch/a mix thereof (depending on desired sweetness). This keeps the gummies from sticking together.
Now you have your gummies! You can modulate exactly what goes into what you're eating.
You can leave them as a treat in their own right, or if you'd like to follow my journey, I made them into chocolate-covered Powerberries!