Intro: Glowing Goo Using Cheap, Easy to Get, Ingredients
You can watch the video or read the Instructions, or both.
Step 1: Assemble the Ingredients
Assemble the ingredients
Borax 1 tsp
Water 1 1/2 cup
Elmers Clear 1/2 cup (4 oz container)
(or White or light blue) school glue
Glow Powder 1/2 tablespoon (optional)
(or Glow in the dark paint)
Food Coloring few drops (optional)
Step 2: Borax Solution
Ok So follow these instructions PROPERLY for the best result.
Saturated Borax Solution
1. Add 1 teaspoon of borax to 1 cup of warm water
2. Add 1/2 Table Spoon Glow Powder to Borax and water. If you don't have glow powder you can add 1/2 tablespoon Glow In The Dark Paint.
3. Mix for 30 seconds (Glow paint may require a whisk to mix properly, however glow powder will not dissolve, so don't be alarmed by powder at the bottom of the bowl)
Step 3: Poly Vinyl Alcohol Mixture
Poly Vinyl Alcohol Mixture
1.Add 1/2 cup of glue (4 oz container) to a 1 cup measuring cup and rinse glue container with warm water to remove all of the glue. The total amount of liquid water and glue should total 1 cup.
2. Pour contents into a glass bowl and mix well with a whisk.
3. Add food coloring now if you want a consistent color, or add it as the last step if you want a little variation in the coloring. I added mine at the end so there are areas of higher and lower color concentrations. 3 drops green 3 drops yellow (you can do what you want though, in the end I added some red and my goo looked like some sorta sick organ, no pic of that though, sorry).
Hints: If you use white Elmer's glue, the goo will not be clear but will be opaque, however the texture and consistency will be the same.
Step 4: Make the GOO!!
Make the Goo
1. Pour the Borax solution into the glass bowl of Poly Vinyl Alcohol Solution. Swish the bowl as you pour to make sure you get the glow powder which has settled on the bottom of the bowl out.
2. Mix with your hands for a moment, the goo should form almost instantly.
3. You can add food coloring now, if you didn't in the earlier steps. Adding it now will give you a nice varied coloring.
4. Pour out the small amount of extra water and play with you goo.
Step 5: Playing With It.
Play with your goo
1. Charge your goo under a bright light, because the goo is translucent, it should allow the glow powder throughout to be charged.
2. Play with you goo.
3. You can store the goo in the fridge in ziplock bags. If it is left uncovered it will dry out, and if you don't refrigerate it, it make start to grow mold.
Enjoy and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!