Introduction: Gluten-free Muffins
Tried a gluten-free muffins recipe with my daughter.
*** The recipe was adapted from the raisins muffins recipe found on www.coeliac.org.uk ***
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
- 230g (8oz) gluten free self-raising flour
- 115g (4oz) caster sugar
- 1 tsp (5g) baking powder (I didn't had gluten-free self-raising flour so I added around 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder)
- 115ml (4fl oz) vegetable/rapeseed oil (I always use less oil in my muffins than required by the recipe)
- 150ml (5fl oz) water (I used less than that)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla extract - organic chocolate - Green & Black's Organic Dark 70% (you can use raisins instead)
Step 2: Mix
1. Mix the dry and wet ingredients in separate bowls.
2. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix everything together.
Chop the chocolate and add it to the mix.
Step 4: Baking
Pour the mix into muffin cases in a muffin tin.
Bake in the oven at 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4 for approximately 20 minutes (until risen and golden).