This is a potstickers gyoza dumpling cooked in the traditional style. Gyoza potsticker dumplings are small, crispy, pan fried dumplings and are common in many dim sum places.
I remember years ago when I tried to cook a pack of frozen potstickers dumplings, I've always managed to get it to stick to the pan and ruin the dumpling. Nonetheless, it's still delicious, but loses a lot of it's visual appeal and 'dumpling-ness.' So I decided to give it another go and made these really delicious dumplings and sauce.
Step 1: Ingredients
- Potstickers Dumplings
- Soy Sauce
- Non-Stick pan
- Wooden spatula
Step 2: Heat Oil
- Add two teaspoons of oil to a non-stick pan.
- Heat it on low-medium heat.
Step 3: Add Dumplings
- Line the dumplings to the oiled portion of the pan
Step 4: Add Water
- Add half a cup of water to the pan.
- Bring up the heat to medium-high heat until the water boils off
Step 5: Fry
- Pan fry the dumplings until they are golden brown on one side
Step 6: Sauce
- Add 4 tablespoons of soy sauce and 3 tablespoons of vinegar and mix it well.
- Add a couple of teaspoons of sugar or to your taste.
- If the flavour is too strong, dilute it with some water.
Step 7: Plate It and Serve
Enjoy you're dumplings!