Here's a simple project that is easy to make and the end result is a great looking rustic wall clock that you can use or give as a gift.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Cut Your Pallet Wood
1) Cut 4 pieces of pallet wood to 14" in length. HINT: You can also
use 1"x4" boards that can be purchased from any home improvement store.
2) Lightly sand with 120 grit sand paper.
Step 2: Cut and Attach Support Boards
Cut 3 pieces of scrap 3/4" thick wood: (2) 12" pieces and (1) 5.5" piece. Layout and attach scrap pieces of wood to back of pallet pieces with staples or brads.
Step 3: Install Clock Mechanism and Hour Marks
1)Drill a hole in center of project using 3/8" bit.
2) Mark the locations and drill pilot holes for the forged nails.
3) Hammer in the nails and trim ends with a dremel.
4) Install the clock mechanism.
Clock mechanism: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LPDUV6E/
Forged nails: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LPDUV6E/
Hang and enjoy your new pallet wood clock!