Introduction: How to Set Time and Date in Raspberry Pi
One of our subscribers asked us this question and we quickly made a video on it. So no problem in making a quick Instructables as well. :) Do have a look at our video -
You can take a look at our other tutorials on Raspberry Pi on Instructables -
1. How to install Raspbian OS in Raspberry Pi - https://www.instructables.com/id/HOW-TO-INSTALL-RAS...
2. How to use your Linux OS device as a monitor of Raspberry Pi - https://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Use-Your-Li...
3. How to use iOS devices as a monitor of Raspberry Pi - https://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Use-Ios-Dev...
4. How to Use Windows Laptop As Monitor for Raspberry Pi - https://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Use-Windows...
5. How to Use Android Device as Monitor for Raspberry Pi - https://www.instructables.com/id/HOW-TO-USE-ANDROID...
6. Your First Project in Raspberry Pi | LED Blinking - https://www.instructables.com/id/Your-First-Project...
Subscribe our channel - https://www.youtube.com/c/being-engineers1
Step 1: Boot Up Your Raspberry Pi
You first need to boot up your Pi and make sure that you are running Raspbian OS.
Step 2: Do the Necessary Settings
Do the following steps -
- open terminal and run the command " sudo raspi-config " and press enter.
- A new menu will appear. Select " Internationalization Option ".
- Select " Change Timezone ".
- Select your Geographical Area.
- Select your Homecity or select the nearest city listed there.
- Select Finish.
Step 3: Reboot Your Pi
Now it will show the local time same as your time zone. But you can't see it in the time and date area of the desktop. For this you have to reboot your Raspberry Pi.
So Reboot your Pi.
Step 4: It's Done!!
After a reboot You can see the date and time updated in the desktop. So in this way you can update your date and time in your Pi. Every time you boot up the pi will update the time by itself from internet.
Hope you liked this tutorial. If yes then please like our video and subscribe us. Links is given below - https://www.youtube.com/c/being-engineers1