Intro: How to Make Banana Golden Pillow
A lot of children like to eat sweet snacks or desserts but their parents may worry about their children getting fat after eating sweet food. There are many kinds of bakery items and desserts that are made with bananas such as banana muffins, banana bread, banana cheesecake and others. Moreover, many Asian restaurants sell this dessert but the banana spring rolls are fried which are oily and unhealthy. These desserts made with banana can be too fatty for children who enjoy eating snacks or desserts. Thus, in order to satisfy their cravings, making Golden Pillows is the best choice ever! I named the banana spring roll as Golden Pillows because they look like pillows and are golden-yellowish. Banana spring rolls are a kind of snack or dessert that can be made easily. This can be prepared in 15 minutes and ready to be served in 45-50 minutes! Basic cooking skills and having some common sense on safety precautions are required.
Step 1: Gather Ingredients and Equipment
- A packet of Spring roll wrap (consists of 60 pieces)
- 1/6 of Canned Condensed milk
- 6 bananas
- 2 tablespoons of Cane Sugar
- Maple Syrup
- A cup of water
- Hy-Vee Olive Oil No-Stick Spray
- Working Kitchen Oven
- 11 x 7 x 2 inch Rectangular Pan
- Baking Wax papers
- Chopping board
- Paper Towels
- Forks and Spoons
Step 2: Set Up Equipment
Preheat the oven to 300°F.
Place a piece of paper towel on a chopping board.
Place a sheet of baking wax paper on the pan.
Spray some No-stick olive oil onto the wax paper.
Step 3: Smash the Bananas
1. Peel the banana skin.
2. Cut the banana into pieces and place them into a container.
3. Add two tablespoons of cane sugar into the container filled with banana.
4. Use a fork to smash the banana until they are well mixed.
Step 4: Wrap the Pillows
1. Place a piece of spring roll wrap on the paper towel which was placed on a chopping board.
2. Use a spoon to scoop ½ tablespoon of the mashed banana.
3. Place the mashed banana onto the wrap.
4. Add a small amount of condensed milk using a tablespoon onto the mashed banana.
5. Fold the bottom side of the wrap up to middle
6. Dip your finger into the water and wet the wrap at the sides of the wrap (top, left and right).
7. Fold left and right side of the wrap and fold down the top side of the wrap.
8. Turn over the wrap and place it to the rectangular baking pan.
9. Continue wrapping for the rest of the wraps in the packet.
- Self-adjustment is needed in placing the amount of mashed banana and condensed milk on the wrap.
- If there are no more spaces after placing the pillows on the baking pan, the rest can be kept in a container and keep it in the freezer for next serving in future (must be consumed within one month).
Step 5: Bake the Pillows
1. Arrange the lovely pillows with a small space between each other so that they will not sick to each other.
2. Spray some No-stick olive oil on those pillows.
3. Place the baking pan into the oven using an oven glove and wait or 20 minutes.
4. After 20 minutes, take out the pan using the oven glove.
5. Use a spoon or fork to flip over every pillow for second round of baking.
6. Spray the No-stick olive oil on the flipped pillows.
7. Repeat step 2.
- Make sure to wear an oven glove when dealing with the oven.
- Do not place any bare hands or arms near by the interior area of the oven.
Step 6: Serve the Pillows
1. After 20 minutes, take out the baking pan from the oven.
2. Use a spoon to take the pillows out from the pan.
3. Place the pillows on a plate and arrange them nicely.
4. Drizzle some of the maple syrup on the pillows and they are ready to be served.
The frozen pre-baked Golden Pillows can be chilled and stored up to a period of one month. If you decide to bake the leftovers at a later day, repeat the major step 6 and bake the pillows in the oven that was pre-heated to 300F. The Golden Pillows are now ready to be served and enjoyed!