Introduction: Make the Best Brown Sugar Fudge
Who doesn't like fudge? This recipe is so simple yet tastes so good. There are two types of fudge, creamy style and sandy and crumbly style. Sandy and crumbly is not the best way to describe a candy but that's exactly what this fudge is. It has awesome mouth feel, that the creamy stuff can't match.
Step 1: Ingredients
This is all you need for Ingredients:
- 750 Grams of Brown Sugar
- 150 Grams of Butter
- 250 Grams of Icing Sugar
- 150 ml Whipping Cream (35%)
- Splash of vanilla (optional)
Step 2: Video
Check out the video and written directions follow:
Step 3: Directions/Method
- Combine in a medium size pot the brown sugar, butter and whipping cream.
- Butter a shallow 6" x 10" pan.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat. Stir and scrape the sides of the pot occasionally. Bring to a boil. Let it boil for 5 minutes, watch it so it doesn't boil over.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the icing sugar.
- Pour into the pan.
- Let cool and refrigerate until firm.
- Cut around the edge of the pan with a butter knife.
- Flip the hardened fudge onto a cutting board.
- Cut into squares.
- Enjoy with a hot beverage or a glass of milk!!