I wanted to make a Frappuccino the other night (no coffee because it was night) and I realized I was out of simple syrup. I usually make jessyratfink's simple syrup, but I didn't want to take the time to make it on the stove. I thought, why can't I just make it in the microwave. So I did, and it worked, and it's pretty easy.
*I use this in all of my copycat Frappuccino recipes :)
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Make It
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Mix together sugar and water. As you can see, I use a 1 to 1 ratio like jessyratfink .
- Put it in the microwave for 3 minutes.
- Take it out to stir it and check on it. After you stir it you might need to let it sit to tell if it is clear yet or not.
- If it isn't done, throw it in for another minute. Repeat as needed until it is clear.
- Let it cool, then store it in the fridge until you are ready to use it.
That's it! You're done.