PALEO CAULIFLOWER TOTS
1/2 head large cauliflower
1 Tbs. coconut oil/butter/ghee
4 tsp. coconut flour (stir the flour with a fork, then measure)
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. mixed seasoning of your choice
2 tablespoons (about) coconut oil/ghee/lard for cooking the tots
*Place the cauliflower into florets, then place the florets into a food processor.
* Pulse for about 10 seconds, until it resembles fine grains of rice.
* In a large skillet, heat the 1 Tbs. of oil over medium heat. Add the crumbled cauliflower rice, stir to coat, then cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
* Remove the cover and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until softened.
* Turn off the heat and let cool until no longer hot.
* In a separate bowl, add cauliflower rice, coconut flour, eggs, salt, and spices to the cauliflower mixture and stir until well combined.
* Heat another skillet over medium heat and add a spoonful of cooking fat/oil to coat the bottom.
* To make the tater tots, Use mini ice cream scoop or measuring table spoon. Spoon out and drop the batter onto the hot skillet. If using a spoon, use 1/2 Tbs. of batter per tot and make it about 1/2 inch thick.
* Cook until golden brown and crispy, about 2 minutes, then flip and cook until the other side is golden.
Note: To flip the small tots easily, push the tot to the side of the skillet and use the side of the skillet to tip the tot onto the other side.)
*Add more fat to the pan and repeat with remaining batter.Enjoy while warm with Organic Ketchup, Baconnaise, or Lime Avocado Sauce.
To make the avocado sauce, blend the ingredients in a food processor until creamy.
Lime Avocado Sauce
Juice of 1 lime
Salt, to taste
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Participated in the
20-Minute Meals Challenge