So I'm a big fan of the Peanut Butter Blossom cookies (peanut butter cookies with a heshey kiss on top) and I've also been really loving lemon crinkle sugar cookies lately. So I had a brilliant idea to make lemon sugar cookies with Hershey's Hugs on them. When I went to the store I found Raspberry Hugs.... even better!
Step 1: Mix It!
The dough is super simple lemon sugar cookies. This recipe makes about 24 cookies.
½ cups Butter, Softened
1 cup Granulated Sugar
½ teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1 whole Egg
1 teaspoon Lemon Zest
1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
1-½ cup All-purpose Flour
¼ teaspoons Salt
¼ teaspoons Baking Powder
â teaspoons Baking Soda
½ cups Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- I used parchment paper on my cookie sheet to keep the cookies from spreading out too much. Otherwise you can lightly grease a cookie sheet..
- Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Then add in lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla, and egg.
- Gradually add in flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Recommend refrigerating the dough for a couple hours or overnight so that it will not spread as much when baking.
Step 2: Bake It!
- Roll the cookies into spoonful sized balls. I made them a little smaller than i would normally make cookies.
- Roll the dough balls in powdered sugar before placing on the baking sheet.
- Don't press down on the balls before baking, this might cause them to spread too much.
- Bake for 9 -11 minutes.
Step 3: Add the Kisses!
-Once you take the cookies out of the oven, give them a minute or two to cool down and then press the kisses in the middle.
- Remove the cookies from the sheet right after putting the kisses on so that they don't melt too much.
- Let them cool for an hour or two. Once the chocolate in the kisses gets melty it takes a while for them to set back up.
-Enjoy! Or give them to your valentine to enjoy! :)
Participated in the
Valentine's Day Challenge