Intro: Semi-Healthy Blueberry Cake With Crispy Sugar and Shredded Coconut
This is the best eggless blueberry cake recipe. It’s easy to make and has just the right amount of sugar and coconut shreds on top. The texture is bouncy and smooth with a touch of crunch from the toppings.
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup maple syrup ( or whatever sweetener you have on hand)
- ½ cup plain low-fat yogurt
- ½ cup milk (I used Organic 2% milk)
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon organic canola oil
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons natural turbinado cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl combine oats, pastry flour, and baking powder. In a separate bowl mix together maple syrup, yogurt, milk, applesauce, and canola oil.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix.
- Spray an 8-inch square cake pan with baking spray. Gently pour batter into the pan. Sprinkle on frozen blueberries, sugar, and shredded coconut.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.