Introduction: Shirt Folder
This is my first instructable so let me know if you like it.
The Shirt Folder is a device made of cardboard (or any other firm material) that makes folding your shirts in 4 steps. Place, Fold, Fold, Fold.
With each fold it creates strait creases on the shirt reducing the amount of wrinkles.
This is a eco-friendly project.
- Recycled Material
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Gather Material and Tools
Before you begin you will need to collect the material and tools for this project.
- Cardboard Box or Cardboard Sheets. You can get this from just about anywhere, I got mine from work. Go to a store and ask if you could have some. You will need about 2 or 3 boxes.
- Tape. This will be used as the joints. The wider the better.
- Box Knife or Scissors. You need a cutting tool. I find the box knife works best. Be careful when using sharp tools.
Step 2: Middles Pieces
You will need two middle pieces for the Shirt Folder. Both of them will be the same size.
Cut out two pieces from your cardboard with these dimensions.
- Width: Approximately 12 inces or 30 cm
- Height: Approximately 16 inces or 40 cm
You will need to tape these together on one side for a total height of 80 cm. Do not tape the other side now, we will talk about that later.
Step 3: Sides
The sides have a very similar dimension to the middle.
Cut out two pieces with the following dimensions.
- Height: 80cm (Same as the whole middle section)
- Width: 30cm
Attach the sides to the middle top section taping it only on one side. (Se image 2 below)
Step 4: Taping the Other Side (Optional)
You can now tape the other side but you need to fold in each part before taping or you will not be able to use it properly.
See the image.
Step 5: Using
To use this requires just 4 simple steps.
1. Place the shirt as neatly as possible with the image or front down. Get the top of the shirt as close to the top of the unit as possible.
2. Fold #1 Fold over one side (see image 2)
3. Fold #2 Fold over the other side (see image 3)
4. Fold #3 Fold over the bottom (see image 4)
Now just flip your shirt over and put away. (see image 5)