Smartphones are fantastic for many uses besides it's main use as a phone. As a student at a lecture, with virtually no space for your phone, this clipboard works fantastic! With all the great apps available, the Smartphone Clipboard is great for taking notes, recording lectures, and messaging!
The Smartphone Clipboard is also great for:
- Delivery Persons
- Repair Persons
- Outdoor Sales
- Floor Sales
- Truck Drivers
This DIY Smartphone Clipboard is easy to make if you have a few hand tools and a little muscle to bend a bolt.
If you don't want to bother to make the Smartphone Clipboard from scratch and would want a professional version for $5 - Click Here For Clipboard Conversion Kit
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Gather Up Required Parts
- Clip Board (Must be "Standard Clip" - No low profile) any size, color or material
- Cell Phone Adapter with 1/4" - 20 bottom threads (Removed from Selfie-Stick)
- 1/4" - 20 Round Head Bolt 1/2" Length
- 1/4" - 20 threaded collar (coupling)
- 1/4" - 20 Bolt (Head cut and bent in center 90°)
- 1/4" - 20 Nut
- (2) 5/8" diameter washers w/1/4" hole
Step 2: Make Custom Smartphone Adapter
- Bend 2" Bolt 90° using a clamp, vice grips and a pipe and a mallet
- Cut Head using bolt cutter
- Check thread on cut end. Grind smooth and chase with tap if necessary.
- Twist (clockwise) on 1/4" threaded Coupling
- Twist on (clockwise 1/4"- 20 Flange Nut) flange side down toward opposite end of bent bolt
- Twist on Selfie-Stick after Flange Nut (See Photo)
Step 3: Assemble Parts
- Screw on mount using 5/8" washers and 1/2" Round Head Bolt
- Tighten with screwdriver
Participated in the
Hack Your Day Contest