This is my favorite summer salad. A sure fire hit at potlucks and camping trips.
It's filling, refreshing, tasty, and healthy.
It's so easy to make but does require a good amount of chopping.
Remove the cheese to make it vegan. (Trust me, it'll be flavorful without it.)
Step 1: Prepare the Ingredients
• 1 cup (about 1/2 cup dry) of cooked farro (preferably cooled)
• 1 long cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
• 1/2 of a large red onion, finely chopped
• 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
• 1/2 cup (about 25 whole) of kalamata olives, chopped
• 1 can of chickpeas, drained
• 1/2 cup of fresh parsley, chopped
• 1/8 cup olive oil
• 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
• 1/3 cup crumbled feta
• lemon juice (taste)
Step 2: Combine Ingredients
In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients...saving the olive oil and vinegar for last.
Step 3: Toss Well
Using tongs, thoroughly toss the ingredients.
Step 4: Cool
Place the salad in the fridge for at least 10 minutes to cool.
This allows the flavors to combine and develop. Plus, the salad is at its most refreshing served cold.
Step 5: Serve and Enjoy
This makes about 6-8 servings.
It will keep in the fridge for at most 1-2 days.
If you're going camping, combine all the ingredients the night before, but keep the olive oil and vinegar separate until you're about to serve.