I accidentally stumbled on this discovery!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Fix It!
1. Open preferences in Arduino IDE
2. Open the "additional boards manager urls".
3. Paste this in to it: https://mcudude.github.io/MiniCore/package_MCUdud...
4. Restart Arduino IDE.
5. Click the tab called tools.
6. Click boards manager.
7. Search the words "minicore".
8. Install it.
9. Select atmega328 under the minicore category in the boards menu.
It is fixed!