Cookies are a signature dessert that reminds you of your childhood. These thin and crispy chocolate chip cookies are a crowd pleaser and worth sharing for any occasion. So sit back, pour yourself a glass of milk, and enjoy this recipe!
Yields: 24 Cookies
- 1 large mixing bowl
- rubber spatula
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- cookie (baking) sheet
- non-stick cooking spray
- oven mit
- 4 oz. *cool* unsalted butter (1 stick) - 114 grams
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar - 48 grams
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed - 140 grams
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour - 140 grams
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (use more or less as desired)
**Make sure to level off the dry ingredients before adding them to the mix**
**Don't preheat the oven quite yet because there is a short chill time**
Step 1: Wash Your Hands
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water to promote a clean working environment. Keeping our hands clean is one of the most important steps we can take to avoid getting sick and spreading germs to others.
Step 2: Combine the Elements
- Mix the cool butter until creamy using a rubber spatula. Mix in the granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla.
- When creamy, mix in the egg.
- When the egg is mixed in, add in salt and baking soda - mix just enough so that the baking soda and salt are fully mixed in, but don't go crazy beating the batter.
Step 3: Flour
- Add flour a little at a time and stir until it is almost blended in.
Step 4: Chocolate Chips
- Add in the chocolate chips and stir until all of the flour disappears.
Step 5: Chill
- Put plastic wrap over bowl and chill the dough for about half an hour (or longer) in a fridge.
Step 6: Preheat and Roll
- After your dough is chilled, preheat your oven to 325-350 degrees Fahrenheit and spray your cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Roll the individual bits into compact balls, press them slightly so that the tops are flat, and drop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto the sprayed baking pan.
- Place the dough about 2 inches apart from each other.
Step 7: Bake
- Once your trays are ready, carefully place them into the preheated oven on the middle and/or top rack (**Do not put a tray on the bottom rack because the cookies will bake quicker and will more likely burn**).
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
Step 8: Cool
- Take the tray out of the oven once the edges are golden brown.
- When they are firm enough to lift, transfer the cookies onto a cooling rack and let them cool completely for 5 to 10 minutes.
Step 9: Enjoy
- Once cooled completely, be sure to enjoy and share these delicious, thin and crispy chocolate chip cookies with family and friends!