Introduction: Vegan Jam Tart
What a better way to accompany your tea or coffee in autumn than a yummy vegan jam tart?!?
I am sorry I don't have step by step instructions but this is really simple to make! To have a nice look you can cut your laces with a pizza or ravioli cutter. I advice you make quite thin cords and a thicker base.
- 400gr flour of your choice
- 100gr vegan butter
- 300gr jam of your choice (I used cherry jam in the first tart, and fig jam in the second one)
- 3-4 tablespoons water
- 1 cup soy milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 5-6 tablespoons raw sugar
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon zest
- Mix dry ingredients
- Melt the butter and stir sugar
- Mix the butter with flour and knead with hands until all the butter is totally combined
- Add the soy milk and knead to make a smooth dough and divide 1/4 for laces
- Dilute the jam in a small saucepan over low heat with water
- Spread 3/4 of dough on a baking sheet with baking paper and put the jam
- Cut the cords and align to the pan
- Bake at 180 ° C for 30 minutes
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Egg Replacement
This is a guide I find in the Internet I use often to find a vegan egg replacement for sweet recipes. Hope this will help you if in doubt!