Introduction: Xenomorph Alien Head Foam Sculpture
Creating a Xenomorph (Alien) that emerges from the wall. I saw some cast resin sculps on eBay and thought, well I could probably do that.
Well, TA DA
What I used:
- 3 foam rubber blocks 10X14"
- Razor knife with lots of blades
- Sharp scissors
- Diamond surface blade sharpener (Foam dulls a blade incredibly fast)
- Hot glue and gun
- Water based black spay paint
I happened upon a cache of these awesome foam rubber blocks I found on Craig's List. I believe they once were used to pack industrial loud speakers. Honestly, I don't know and don't really care, because I found a new purpose for them. Each block is 10X14" They are, of course, not solid, but solid enough for my attempt.
- I glued 2 blocks together and starting carving with razor knife like I was peeling a giant Potato
- I trimmed any rough looking areas with scissors.
After completion, I simply painted the entire item with water based spray paint. It's simple, but it does look pretty good on my wall. I was happy enough to do a Tail and hand from the same foam materials.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Participated in the
Halloween Props Contest