Tell us about yourself!

Complete Your Profile
  • Cwren10222 commented on Marsh's instructable Make a Propane Forge for $50!1 year ago
    Make a Propane Forge for $50!

    looks like a great forge. Forget the haters comments. If it heats the steel to a nice orange that can be formed then it's a great design. I've got all the components laying around sans fire bricks to build one as scrap from a previous project but sadly my old stick welder quit so gonna have to budget in a new welder from harbor freight myself so mine may cost about $150 to build including the new welder but looks like a fairly simple design that will do the job, is relatively portable and will take up minimum garage space. Keep em coming just like this.

    View Instructable »
  • Cwren10222 commented on ThereIs0nly0ne's instructable R-Pod MkII DIY Racing Sim Rig1 year ago
    R-Pod MkII DIY Racing Sim Rig

    Pretty sweet design. May build this with mods, multi monitor setup and fully enclosed to work as a flight sim cabinet. Great work and great design

    View Instructable »
  • How to Convert Water Into Fuel by Building a DIY Oxyhydrogen Generator

    ok guys, granted this subject is tapped out but I just stumbled across it so im going to interject something. After reading all the comments from a couple of years ago you guys have given me an idea to test this theory and see if it actually works or doesnt. Im in the process of building this hydroxy generator. Once completed im going to see if it will run something simple like a 5hp go kart by adding a battery and a small alternator run to a pully attached to my back axle and a simple regulator to avoid overcharging the battery. Ill run a hose back into the tank from the exhaust to avoid loss of water which can in turn be used to create more energy. I admit im just a guy who loves science and experimentation and have no science or engineering background or formal education so by all me...

    see more »

    ok guys, granted this subject is tapped out but I just stumbled across it so im going to interject something. After reading all the comments from a couple of years ago you guys have given me an idea to test this theory and see if it actually works or doesnt. Im in the process of building this hydroxy generator. Once completed im going to see if it will run something simple like a 5hp go kart by adding a battery and a small alternator run to a pully attached to my back axle and a simple regulator to avoid overcharging the battery. Ill run a hose back into the tank from the exhaust to avoid loss of water which can in turn be used to create more energy. I admit im just a guy who loves science and experimentation and have no science or engineering background or formal education so by all means I do not claim to be an expert. Granted if my experiment does in fact work i will be able to prove the nay sayers wrong but then again I could be just making a small h bomb or micro hindenburg type scenario. However the fact is science is all about taking a theory with a lot of holes, experimenting using those theories and by experimentation filling those holes and creating a positive or negative result. Once flight was considered impossible until 2 brothers who built bicycles out of Kittyhawk wanted it so much they built the first working aircraft. Yes it is true perpetual motion is improbable as yes it is true you cannot (yet) generate more energy than is used to create it. However fact is though this is improbable I dont believe anything is impossible. If those thoughts were common place, most of the stuff that we take for granted now would not exist. So yeah, this does break down water into its simple form and yes it does allow hydrogen to burn. Does it create enough energy to run an internal combustion engine or even help fuel economy in a vehicle? That still requires some experimentation and a few holes patched in the theory.

    No chance that it hasn't. I just read through every comment on this particular project and carefully considered everyone's claims. I consider myself an out of the box thinker and just maybe ive got a few ideas that have yet to be tried. Either way, i never take anyone's word for anything until I've done my own research. I still have to finish this project before i can build a prototype of my idea. If it works great, if not no big deal ill try something else. As I mentioned in my comment science is about discovery. The art of invention isn't always the end result but more in the build. There may be 150 different ways of doing something and 149 are wrong. Yet there is that 1 way that is right. Issue with many people is they are indoctrinated to believe there is only one way to do somethin...

    see more »

    No chance that it hasn't. I just read through every comment on this particular project and carefully considered everyone's claims. I consider myself an out of the box thinker and just maybe ive got a few ideas that have yet to be tried. Either way, i never take anyone's word for anything until I've done my own research. I still have to finish this project before i can build a prototype of my idea. If it works great, if not no big deal ill try something else. As I mentioned in my comment science is about discovery. The art of invention isn't always the end result but more in the build. There may be 150 different ways of doing something and 149 are wrong. Yet there is that 1 way that is right. Issue with many people is they are indoctrinated to believe there is only one way to do something which if it fails and a scientist claims it cannot be done they believe it at face value instead of testing that theory themselves, tweaking the formula just a bit and toying around until something actually works. I have the idea, from the idea i have a concept, from the concept ill design a prototype, prototype gets built and tested. If it fails, i go back and redesign it, that fails i redesign it. Basically I keep at it until it either works, or I run out of testable theories. That is the true basis of scientific experimentation that many seem to have sadly forgotten. As I said, im no scientist, no engineer with a degree, im a disabled mechanic that loves the idea of discovery of an alternative to someone's supposed impossibility. If it works great, if not after all testing and redesign is done i at least have the satisfaction of saying I tried and had some fun doing it. This went to a im better and smarter than you type argument over 2 years ago. 1 guy that thinks he knows everything against another that thinks he knows everything. Fact is the device does work, it does create hydrogen gas, an internal combustion engine can burn hydrogen gas with some modifications. If it can run an engine it can cause movement. If a person were to rig an alternator to a rear wheel via a belt or chain it will generate enough electricity to keep a battery charged enough to generate power to the hydroxy generator even at lower rpm. The issue here is can it produce enough power to run a vehicle and keep it running indefinitely or if mixed with another fuel source extend your fuel efficiency. My theory is that it can and will actually be able to run a go kart engine with enough power to reach top speed of a 5hp engine ie 35 to 40 mph. Also is it possible to reroute the exhaust back into the hydroxy tank to basically run indefinitely without refill or at least minimal refill say once or twice a year as unless a system is 100% sealed there will be loss from evaporation. Im not trying for pure 100% perpetual motion as that is as improbable as a human that can glue feathers to his arms and flap his arms fast enough to fly on his own power. I dont say impossible, i say improbable with a 99% chance it won't happen. Yet there is that 1% chance that a freak of evolution could actually do something like that one day. We probably will never see it but the fact is nothing is truly impossible given the right variables. So yeah take what I said, mock it, respond rudely to it. I honestly don't care. My adventure lies in discovery. End result isn't as important to me as what it will take to get there.

    View Instructable »
  • Cwren10222 commented on MrTinkerer's instructable Build a Lightsaber2 years ago
    Build a Lightsaber

    im new to the lightsaber design idea myself. ive designed a few nice hilts out of pvc pipe since i don't have money or materials to buy aluminum ready built stuff and want to take them to the next level. My question is about the blade however. i know polycarbonate is typically the way to go but is a bit expensive on my budget. what is your take on using 3/4 clear furniture grade pvc pipe for a blade and cellophane wrapping paper as a diffuser? Would it work the same?

    View Instructable »
  • Cwren10222 commented on EvgenR's instructable Lightsaber2 years ago
    Lightsaber

    Nice looking sith style saber. Im in the process of designing a jedi style consular saber and will post once complete. Keep up the nice work.

    View Instructable »