Tell us about yourself!
Very cool. Might have to try this one. I have built one that uses the Dust Devil type of collector but by the time I have everything stacked (Vacuum, waste bucket, dust devil) and the hose coming out of the vac to the top of my collector I have a monstrosity that is around 6' high. Yours is a lot more compact. Thanks for sharing.
I already have a large magnet on my metal cutting band saw which works semi-well. Problem with the belt grinder is the tremendous amount of metal dust being generated and the way it throws it both sideways and down. I do have an 18" magnet floor sweeper that helps clean up some of my mess but that blasted dust winds up everywhere. Thanks for the suggestion...
Neat concept... Can't use this in my shop....however... I do a lot of metal grinding on a belt sander. I can probably do 95% of it from in front of the belt and the other 5% on side. My floor ad surrounding area is totally covered with ground metal. I think I might fabricate something like this for attachment to my grinder. I'll have to leave the front open but should catch most going out the bottom.
Very nice. I use washers (along with horse shoes) in a lot of my projects. Had to bend a bunch of washers. Picked up a cheap one ton arbor press from HF for less than $50.. Also ordered a "dapping block" and steel balls from Amazon. Can crank out these washers in a skinny minute.
Welding Tools and Materials
Currently have a couple of sleds but never considered putting an adjustable stop block on my largest one. Think that will be my next project as soon as I'm done welding more flowers and other metals I have laying around. Thanks.
Very nice. I wish that I could have built my table as wide. Due to short arms that must reach the height adjustment handle I must have a narrower table. In any case, everybody really needs a drill press table even if it is a tad different from the rest.
Totally awesome!!!!!!!!! I can really admire you for keeping things so neat and orderly. I have a 2 1/2 car garage that I use for a shop plus my armory and it always looks like a bomb went off since I tend to not put things back when I finish a project. Your idea for the drill press depth stop will work for me so I think I will copy yours. Thanks.
A lot of neat ideas. On #5, the magnetized dish, I have around 15 of these of various sizes. I found them at Harbor Freight for a very reasonable price along with really super magnetic strips. A lot cheaper in the long run and you don't have to worry about the magnet you personally attach breaking.