Have you ever wondered what you would do for light in an emergency situation where you have no electricity or candles, but you do have a plentiful supply of bacon?
Of course you have! But wonder no more, I have the perfect solution.
In this instructable I will show you how to create your own Bacon Lamp , using materials that should cost nothing and are usually discarded.
Step 1: Assemble your Materials
Here's what you'll need:
- Bacon fat; about 1/4 cup.
- A stick, about 3-4mm thick; I used a basil stem. I thought it would smell nice but actually it didn't make any difference. Any non-poisonous stick will do.
- A small tin can. I used an empty baked beans can.
- A strip of cotton fabric. About 1/2" (15mm) wide and 6" (150mm) long.
- Some sand.
- A stove and a pan to melt the fat in.