Spring! Sun! The weather is fine. All we need is … seven cardboard cans to make a flower.
Step 1: Tools and Materials
- 7 cardboard cans (with covers) for melted cheese (D = 111 mm, H = 22 mm);
- 3 bamboo sticks (L = 300 mm);
- 1 shoe lace (L = 1200 mm);
- cylindrical cardboard perfume box (D ~ 70 mm, H ~ any size);
- polyfoam cube (65x65x65 mm).
- office knife.
Step 2: Parts Preparation and Assembly
Realize the assembly operation with a several stages (see video - just 13 minutes for all process):
- Remove all covers from cans.
- Make a few additional holes on a side face of some of your cardboards cans (4 holes for 'central' can, 1 hole for 'top' can, 2 holes for 'bottom' can). BE CAREFUL DURING THIS STAGE.
- Conduct the shoe lace throughout all the cans except central.
- Conduct the first bamboo stick between 2 side cans and inside central one.
- Fix the first stick with a lace.
- Conduct the second bamboo stick though 'top', 'central' and 'bottom' cans'.
- Fix the ends of the lace inside the 'bottom' can.
- Conduct the third stick through 'bottom' and 'central' can (leave a free end with a length ~ 100 mm).
- Put covers on cans.
- Prepare a through hole in a polyfoam cube.BE CAREFUL DURING THIS STAGE.
- Put the cube inside the cylindrical box.
- Put the flower by the third stick inside polyfoam in a cylindrical vase.
Step 3: Enjoy Your Handicraft Flower
You can your flower as memory storage for small tooltips for every week day.
Participated in the
Cardboard Speed Challenge