Introduction: Crunchy Masala Potato Nuggets
Potato Nuggets is a delicious dish.Potato nuggets is an easy yet mouth watering recipe for you to enjoy.It is a great alternative when you want something really perfect to eat.
Let's start cooking!
Step 1: Ingredients Required
1. 4 medium sized boiled mashed
Potato(Keep in refrigerator for 30 minutes before preparing recipe)
2. 1 cup Breadcrumbs
3. 3 Tbsp. Corn Flour (for making paste)
4. 2 Tbsp. Corn Flour (for making Nuggets)
5. 1/4 cup grated Cheese
6. 1 Tsp. Black Pepper powder
7. 1/2 Tsp. Oregano
8. 1 Tsp. Mixed Herbs
9. 1 Tbsp. finely chopped Fresh Coriander
10. 2 Tsp. Chilli Flakes (for making Nuggets)
11. 1/2 tsp. Chilli Flakes (add in Breadcrumbs)
12. 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
13. Oil for deep fry
14. salt to taste
Step 2: Boil the Potatoes
Boil & mash 4 medium size potatoes and keep in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. This allows the potatoes to set nicely and it becomes easy to work into.
Step 3: Preparation
- Take a large mixing bowl and add boiled mashed Potatoes.
- Add Black Pepper powder, Garlic Powder, Chilli Flakes (2 tsp.), Salt, Mixed Herbs & finely chopped fresh Coriander.
- Add Cheese, Corn Flour (2 tbsp.) and mix well all ingredients.If the mixture is moist, add some Breadcrumbs and mix again.
Step 4: Shape It
- Apply some oil on hand and make small to medium size nuggets.
- Keep them in the refrigerator for 15 – 20 minutes.
Step 5: Coating
Add Salt & Black Pepper powder in Corn Flour (3 tbsp.) and make the paste by adding water. Dip the nuggets into the corn flour and then coat it with bread crumbs.
Step 6: Fry Them
Heat Oil over medium flame and fry Nuggets till they turn slightly golden brown in color.
Step 7: Yummy Potato Nuggets
Serve Hot with Sauce. You can serve it as a side along with many main courses like pizzas and burgers.
Try it out and let me know how it turns out.
Bon Apetit !!
Participated in the
Makerspace Contest 2017