Introduction: DIY COVID-19 Face Shield
COVID-19 has turned the world upside down. Everything has been affected, from the way we live to the things we do on a daily basis. We will show you in this instructable the way we made a Face Shield that could provide acceptable level of protection against the Virus, and how to use a sewing machine to make a closed stitch at the final stage of the product development.
Step 1: Materials
- PVC Sheet
- Rubber Tape
- Safety Gloves
- Unused Black Leather Belt
- Black Marker
- Alcohol for cleaning
- A sewing machine
Step 2: Easy Steps for Making the Face Shield
- Start by folding the PVC sheet in half (to obtain a suitable size that covers the whole face)
- Cut with a scissor along the folding line
- Measure the length of the black leather belt and cut properly
- Cut the rubber tape somewhere between 55 and 60 cm
- Carefully apply the glue to the bottom of the leather belt and stick it on top of the PVC sheet
- Clean with alcohol (if needed)
- Place the rubber tape in the middle and apply some glue along the edges to fix it within the leather belt
- Hold it with your hands until it dries
- Fold back and apply the glue again until the rubber tape is covered by the belt
Step 3: Sew Fast..
With this Sew-fast method you will be having a durable and comfortable face shield..
At the end, Do not forget to remove the staples !
Step 4: COVID-19 DIY Face Shield
Participated in the
Sew Fast Speed Challenge