Introduction: DIY LED Grow Light With 3d Printed Base
Step 1: LED Bar
- First stick the LED strip centrally on a 3mm flat bar. The LED strip has adhesive tape on the back.
- All flat bars with 3mm thickness will fit. Use a metal bar to keep the LEDs cool. I have used a 1000x50x3mm flat aluminum bar.
- Make sure that you have sufficient excess power cable to plug the USB into a power port.
Step 2: 3d Printed Base
- 3d print the base. I used PLA+, simple PLA should work too.
- The file can be downloaded for free https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5141775 Printing with 25% infill takes around 5.5 hours. The base is more robust when using 100% infill.
Step 3: Vertical Mounting
- The 3d printed base features two 3mm slots for vertical and horizontal installation. Use the slot on the topside for vertical mounting. There is no support which need to be removed.
- To secure the base, simply put weight (eg powerbank) on it.
Step 4: Horizontal Mounting
- The 3d printed base features two 3mm slots for vertical and horizontal installation. Use the slot on the side. 2 supports need to be removed before installing.
- To secure the base, put weight on it. Depending on the weight of your light bar a power bank might not be enough. Use additional weight.
Be the First to Share
Make a Spin Dryer From a Discarded Washing Machine Drum, an Abandoned Bicycle and a Pallet. in Life Hacks