Introduction: Dessert Nutella Tacos
These Dessert Nutella Tacos are an easy and simple dessert to serve your friends and family in a pinch!!! they are so delicious and kind of tastes like a Nutella cheesecake in a crispy cinnamon sugar shell. then add fresh fruit n top and you're laughing!!! I hope that you try these because they are one of my favourites and are absolutely a show stopper!
Step 1: Ingredients and Equipment
- 150g Cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 200g Nutella
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Punnets fresh berries (I usually like a punnet of strawberries and one of raspberries but I just have strawberries for today)
- 1 Large banana chopped the same size as the berries (I do this just before serving them so that the bananas do not oxidise early and turn brown).
- 75-80g Melted butter (depending on the size of your tortillas
- 8-10 Mini flour tortillas (if you are doing normal size tortillas I would use 6-8).
- Extra Nutella to pipe over the top
- Icing sugar to sprinkle over the top
- Extra strawberries to serve
- Pastry brush
- 2 Metal muffin tin
- Some clothes pegs (clean please)
- Piping bag or ziplock bag and scissors
Step 2: Season and Bake the Taco Shells
To prepare the sweet taco preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius (355 degrees Fahrenheit) and place 2 metal muffin tins in there to heat up. Then mix the cinnamon with your caster sugar and put to the side. Then with your pastry brush, spread some melted butter on both sides of your tortillas then sprinkle on your cinnamon-sugar mixture. And then place them between the muffin mounds to hold them up in a standing taco shape. Then bake for about 8-10 minutes until they have become golden brown and crisped up abit.
Step 3: Make the Filling
While the tacos are baking, make the filling (yay for being efficient!). Place the cream cheese and Nutella in a bowl and mix them together until they are nice and combined.
Step 4: Let the Tacos Cool
When you take the tacos out of the oven initially they will be quite floppy and malleable. At this point, they may flop over the muffin tins and look out of shape. THAT IS OK!!! Take a clean clothes peg and pinch the taco together so that it stands up on its own. Keep them pinched together while they are cooling. Take the clothes pegs off about 30-120 seconds. you can keep these in the muffin tin to cool or place on a wire cooling wrap to cool completely before adding the filling.
Step 5: Fill the Tacos
Now to fill the taco shells take a butter knife and spread the Nutella cream cheese mixture on either side of the taco. (now you can either thinly add it or thickly lay it on, depends on what you prefer!!! Its like a fancy taco cheesecake!).
Chop your berries and banana into small 1/4 chunks and then fill the tacos with the berries and banana to your liking.
Then to add some extra decoration, fill your piping bag or ziplock bag with some extra Nutella and pipe this over the top of them. And then sprinkle on top some icing sugar and serve!!
Step 6: Serve
To serve dust these with some icing sugar and then eat them!! I'm sure they won't last long!!!
Participated in the
Dessert Speed Challenge