Introduction: Drill Powered Go Kart
Drill powered Go Kart for kids.
Video of build and Go Kart in action:
- 21mm plywood
- cordless screwdriver
- wheelbarrow wheels
- skateboard wheel bearings
- old bike parts - wheel hub, chain, chainrings
- Drill/ screwdriver
Step 1: Steering and Frame
At first I made frame/ steering part template on cardboard and checked if front wheels moves as expected. Then cut our frame parts and steering wheel out of plywood.
Step 2: Drivetrain
- In wheels made groove for bearings and pressed them in.
- Drilled 4 holes in wheel disc and screwed bike chainring.
- Heated up axle bolt and melted it in acrylic. Then cut acrylic round and screwed chainring. Drilled hole between axle and bold and put screw there, so it don't unscrew.
- Put chain on.
Step 3: Screwdriver Holder
Measured screwdriver dimensions and cut holder out of plywood.
Step 4: Seat
Seat also is made plywood
Step 5: Painting
When everything was tested, took everything apart and painted in grey / black.
Step 6: Closeups / Details
Other projects you can find on my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu7-pEsvU_GNoOkYGADyB3w
Grand Prize in the
Design For Kids Challenge
1 Person Made This Project!
- torx made it!