Introduction: Easy Pickled Eggs (No Canning Required)
These Pickled Eggs are delicious and healthy snack. This recipe contains the combination of sweet and sour taste, it was perfect for sandwich filling and even in salads. It can be also partner in cold glass of beer!
I really love this recipe because they're so simple to make and don't require special ingredients and equipment, just a very easy brine, a slice of onion and some boiled eggs :)
This recipe will last for months (maybe longer) in refrigerator. The brine can be re-use once or twice , try to pickle some vegetables like carrots, cucumbers or beans for more pickled eating :)
Step 1: Gather the Ingredients
These ingredients was really easy, you can get it right in your kitchen.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper corns
- 1 pc of bay leaf
- 2 pc of red onion
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic
(get a jar that can fill 4 eggs)
Prepare all the ingredients that we gather
- the egg must be hard boiled, peeled and cooled
- Cut the onion in thinly slice
- Crush 1 clove of garlic and ginger
- Cut 1 clove of garlic in thinly slice
You may also use white onion ( i used red onion to make my brine and eggs pretty and pink)
You can substitute other vinegar for a different flavor
You could also double the size of this recipe just make sure that the ingredients are all equivalent.
Step 2: Let's Cook!
- Place all the ingredients except eggs and thinly slice of garlic in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Let it cool slightly
I cooked that without mixing it, i just let it cook for the right time! It really has a good smell and nice cooked onion.
Step 3: Put It in the Jar!
- fill the jar with onions and put some thinly slice garlic then 1 egg ( repeat layering until you're done)( i also get the bay leaf in the brine and stick it in side of the jar)
- get the brine and fill to at least cover the eggs!
- place the jar in refrigerator :) Refrigerate at least 3-4 days before eating! (1-2 weeks is actually better)
So that's it!! Enjoy eating :)
Participated in the
Canning and Pickling Challenge 2017