Introduction: Easy Three Ingredient Oat Bars
Most mornings my go-to breakfast is usually oats, a banana, cinnamon and either water or milk. I love it because it doesn't take long to prepare in the morning, tastes great, is healthy, and keeps you full for a while.
This recipe basically came about because I was trying to think of something else that I could make with only a few similar ingredients for breakfast or a snack that would still be enjoyable. I came up with the recipe just by experimenting but with only three ingredients the quantities of each aren't too important.
They turned out great and were crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside but the weren't overly sweet so if you're someone that likes very sweet things I would probably add some honey or sugar.
Step 1: Ingredients
- Oats - 100 g. (1 Cup)
- A Banana - 1 Large
- Coconut oil - 30 g (3 Tbsp.)
- A small single sized baking dish
- A fork
- A spoon
- An oven
- A microwave (optional)
Notes: I used porridge oats but any type of oats suck quick cooking oats should work too. For this recipe you want a banana that should be getting quite brown so it will add a good bit of sweetness. If you don't have coconut oil like I listed any other type of fat such as vegetable oil or butter should work too. Of course you could also add loads of other ingredients such as nuts, chocolate, dried fruit, sugar, honey, or other ingredients but I didn't because I didn't have any, and I wanted to keep it quick and simple.
Step 2: Method
- Preheat the oven to around 190 C (375 F)
- Weigh out the coconut oil or other fat using the oven dish as a weigh boat.
- If using coconut oil,or any other solid fat, melt it using the microwave (it took me around 1 min, 20 sec in a 800 W microwave).
- Weigh out the oats and add directly to the melted coconut oil and use a spoon to mix it thoroughly.
- Break up the banana into pieces and add to the oats.
- Use a fork to mash the banana and mix it into the oats and coconut oil.
- Once it's all been mixed well use the back of a spoon to evenly smooth the surface.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for around 25 minutes.
- When the surface looks golden take it out of the oven and allow it to cool for around 5-10 of minutes.
- Use a knife to divide it into more manageable sized pieces.. or eat it with a spoon..
If you like it please vote for me in the Three Ingredient Challenge, or the Cooking for One Challenge, thanks :)
Hope you enjoy!
1 Person Made This Project!
- LD Wilfer made it!