Introduction: Easy As Pi Mini Pies
This instructable will show you how to make delicious and easy strawberry and nutella mini pies.
And when I say they are as easy as Pi I really do mean they are as easy as 3.14
What you will need:
3/4 Cup flour
1/2 Stick of butter
2 Tbsp Water
3-5 Strawberries cut into small pices
Chocolate hazelnut spread (such as Nutella, or Fry's knock off)
Sprinkle of sugar (optional)
Oven preheated to 314 degrees
Step 1: 3
- Put the flour into your food processor
- Chop the butter into small cubes and add the butter to the food processor
- Pulse the flour and butter until it resembles corn meal
- Add the cold water a tablespoon at a time until it creates a dough.
- Move the crust mixture onto a piece of plastic wrap and use your hands to flatten the crust to about 1/2 inch
Step 2: .
- Wrap the pie crust in the plastic wrap
- Refrigerate for one hour
- Roll out the crust untill it is about 1/8 inch (I find it works best if you sandwich the dough between two layers of plastic wrap)
- Cut the dough into circles using a cookie cutter, cup or any other round item you may have that is the right size.
- Once you cut as many circles as you can gather the scraps and roll them out again.
Step 3: 1
- Place half of the circles on your cookie sheet
- Put a small spoonful of chocolate hazelnut spread on each of the pie crusts
Step 4: 4
- Add 4 strawberries to each crust
- Place the top crusts on top of the mini pies on the tray
- use a fork to crimp the edges
- If you would like your pie crust to be a little sweeter add a sprinkle of sugar to the top of each mini pie.
Step 5: 15
- Place the tray into the oven and cook for 15 minutes, or until they are a light gold color
- If you would like to decorate place a couple of spoonfuls of the chocolate hazelnut spread into a plastic bag and cut off the tip to make a simple pipping bag.
- Decorate your mini pies
Participated in the
Serious Eats Pi Day Pie Contest