Introduction: Easy to Make -"Yummy Veggie Rice"
Step 1: Ingredients ;)
- 1 Large Onion
- 4 pieces of clove and 1 small piece of ginger
- 1 Large Tomato
- Mustard and Cumin (1 tbsp)
- 2 Tbsp Oil(Groundnut oil)
- Raw rice soaked for about 15-20 minutes
- Vegetables- 1 Large Potato, 2 to 3 Carrots (We can also add Cauliflower, capsicum, peas, beans)
- Curry Leaves & Coriander leaves( Handful)
- Salt, turmeric & chili powder as required
Step 2: Saute :)
I have chosen a pressure pan for my making
- First of all, we need to fine paste the ginger and garlic
- We need to heat the pressure pan add 2 tbsp oil in to it
- Once the oil heats, add the chopped onions and ginger garlic paste to it
- Saute them well till the onion turns light golden brown color
- Next add the veggies which we have chopped
- Deep saute them until the veggies become mushy
Step 3: One Final Step to Taste the Delicious Meal ;)
- After frying the veggies, add two and half cups of water to it. (For one cup raw rice - two cups of water/Half cup for the veggies)
- Add 2 tbsp of crystal salt, pinch of turmeric and two tbsp of chili powder
- Stir them well
- Finally add the soaked rice and add some curry leaves on top of it
- Close the pressure pan
- Once steam comes, put the whistle and allow it to blow for 4 times in medium heat
- After switching of the stove, leave the pan so that the steam gets removed
- Open the pan to witness your prep ;)
Step 4: Yummy Veggie Rice Is Ready
Tadaaa its ready. Sprinkle some coriander leaves on top of it.
Serve it hot.
It goes well with Raitha (Curd and chopped onions)
Try this and let me know your feedback.
Participated in the
One Pot Meals Speed Challenge
1 Person Made This Project!
- sindhub692 made it!