Introduction: Fire Breathing Dragon
These days when the weather is rather bad and it gets dark soon I often find myself thinking about what to do with the kids after school on days when there are no afterschool activities. We like to do crafts together so as long as I have enough supplies we have those bad weather days covered.
In this instructable I'd like to show you how to do a fire breathing dragon. The main supply for this is the cardboard roll from toilet paper, which is something all of us have at home, right?
To make 1 dragon:
- 1 toilet paper roll
- crepe paper in at least 5 colors (I used green to cover the roll and red, orange, yellow and light beige for the fire)
- 4 small fluffy balls, a pair of the same color and one pair should be a little bigger than the other
- small piece of white paper
- black pencil
- stick glue
Step 1: Preparation
1. Measure and cut the crepe paper to cover the paper roll twice around. Glue the paper to the roll and cut off the excessive edges.
2. From the other colors cut stripes 10 – 15 cm long that will be pointy towards one end. About 4 stripes of each color should be enough.
Step 2: Making Fire
1. Glue the stripes with the wider end to the inside edge of the roll…
2. …until the whole circumference of the roll is covered.
Step 3: Eyes and Nose
1. Cut circles from the white paper and make a black dot in their center. Then glue them on the bigger fluffy balls to create eyes.
2. Glue the finished eyes as you see in the photo.
3. Then do the same with the smaller balls that will be the dragon’s nostrils.
4. Your dragon is done!
Step 4: Have Fun!
Just blow to make the dragon breathe fire.
Runner Up in the
After School Challenge