Introduction: How to Draw a Face Beginner Guide
Thank you for choosing How to Draw a Face Beginner Guide.
You will Need:
A pencil, ruler, and blank paper.
Read all instructions before beginning in order to correctly draw the face.
NOTE: This product is intended to be a starting point in drawing faces, thus is used as a guide for further advanced portrait drawings. Don't be too hard on yourself if it doesn't come out perfect, drawing like many other things takes practice.
Step 1: Step 1: Dot Time
- Make a starting light dot 3” from top of paper
- Make four light dots 2” left, right, below and above the dot from the middle dot
Step 2: Step 2: Connect the Dots
- Connect the dots from step 1 creating a lightly drawn circle shape
Step 3: Step 3: Bottom of the Chin
- From the middle of the circle use the ruler to measure 4” down and make a light dot.
- Make a 1” light horizontal line, 1/2” on both sides of the dot made
Step 4: Step 4: Jawline
- Connect the ends of the line made from step 4 with the right and left dots made in step 1
Step 5: Step 5: Guide for Eyes
- Lightly draw a line connecting the left and right dot made in step 1
Step 6: Step 6: Such Big Eyes You Have
- Make two 1” almond shaped circles a 1/2” from the mid-line; one to the left and one to the right of mid-line
- Now you have eyes
Step 7: Step 7: Guide for Nose
- Draw two light 1” vertical lines down from the inside point of the eyes
Step 8: Step 8: I Got Your Nose
- Draw two long c shaped objects; one facing the left eye and one the right eye
- Draw two small c’s facing each other on the bottom of the last drawn c’s and
- Draw one c faced upwards in the middle of the second set of c’s
- Connect the middle c and two bottom side c’s with downward facing c’s
- Now you have a nose
Step 9: Step 9: Pathway to the Lip
- Draw two slightly curved outward facing lines under the middle c made in step 8
Step 10: Step 10: Guide for Lips
- Draw a light downward vertical 1 1/2” line from the middle of each eye
- Draw a light downward vertical 1 1/2” line from the middle dot made in step 1
Step 11: Step 11: Making a Lip
- Draw two faced downward curved lines from the middle line made in step 10, one line connecting to the left line and one connecting to the right line
- Connect the two outer lines with a upward facing curved line;
- Draw an upward facing curved line in between the two previous lines.
Step 12: Step 12: Let There Be Chin
- Draw a upward curving line connecting the bottom side curves of the circle made in step 4 with a 1/2” space between the middle of the curve and the middle of the bottom of the circle
- Now you have a chin
Step 13: Step 13: Erase Extra Lines
- Erase the light lines made in step 4, 5, 7, and 10 and the inner bottom part of the circle made in step 2
Step 14: Step 14: Darken Lines
- Darken all the remaining lines