Introduction: How to Make a Quilled Rainbow
How to make a quilled rainbow step by step!
- 11" x 8 1/2" of light blue cardstock (for background)
- 3 2/4" x 8 1/2" of red cardstock (for rainbow)
- 3" x 8 1/2" of orange cardstock (for rainbow)
- 2 1/4" x 8 1/2" of yellow cardstock (for rainbow)
- 1 3/4 x 8 1/2" of green cardstock (for rainbow)
- 1" x 8 1/2" of blue cardstock (for rainbow)
- 2 1/2" x 9"of white cardstock (for cloud)
Step 1: Cutting
Start by cutting all of the colors except for the white and light blue into 1/4" x 8 1/2" strips. For the white, cut it into 1/4'' x 9'' strips.
Step 2: Before You Start Coiling...
Before you start coiling, curve the strip on a sharp edge (like a table edge). The strips should now look like this:
Step 3: How to Coil a Strip
Once you are done pre-curving the strip, coil it. Then, add a dab of glue on the end of the strip. Now, you have one coil done! Repeat steps 2&3 with the allthe other strips except for the white. Tip: You can make the coils looser or tighter.
Step 4: Pre-arranging
You should end up with 14 red coils, 11 orange coils, 9 yellow coils, 7 green coils,and 4 blue coils. Pre-arrange the coils into a rainbow (red, orange, yellow, green, blue) on the light blue piece of cardstock do not glue it yet.
Step 5: Clouds
Before you glue on the rainbow, you need to coil some clouds! For the clouds you need to make 10 very loose coils. (5 on each side)
Step 6: Gluing
First, put glue on the back of the coil. Then, glue the coil on the light blue cardstock. After you glued all the coils on the cardstock...You are done with the quilled rainbow!
Participated in the
Colors of the Rainbow Contest