Introduction: How to Video Edit
How I got into video editing. I first got into video editing when I wanted to create a montage. A montage is where you get your best plays in a video game or best moment and recorded it and put it all in one video. But If I were to just put it in one video without any edits I felt that it would be boring to watch so I decided to start Video Editing.
Editing Software (I use a Free Editing Software called ShotCut) You can use any editing software
A device to edit your videos mainly you want to use a laptop or PC.
Things you want to edit (Mainly Video's or Clips for Making a Monta
Step 1: Step 1: Find an Editing Software
If you are planning to find a carer out of Editing Videos and pictures, etc, I recommend that you buy an editing software, for example, Adobe Premiere. If not, you are just editing a video for a small project or for fun I recommend getting a free editing software in this case I use which is called ShotCut. It doesn't matter what Editing Software it is, as long as it does the job, that's all that matters.
Step 2: Step 2: Find Something to Edit
There are different ways you can Edit. For example when someone means to edit something they could mean to edit their essay or a picture. For this tutorial, we are learning how to edit a video. First off you want to find a video or a clip of some sort you want to edit. If you are editing one long video then you want to look for one long video. If you are wanting to video edit a montage of your friend (doing really cool trick shots or their best game clips) then you want to get small portions of a video. For this tutorial, I will be showing you how to make a montage of my friends best game clips (Their best moments)
Step 3: Step 3: Putting the Clips Together
(If you are using an editing software that is not Shotcut and you don't know how to use the software I recommend to watch a youtube video or search up "How to use (Your Editing Software) on Google.
If you are using Shotcut I will teach you how to put in your clips into the editing device and show you step by step how to put your clips together.
1. When you first enter your Editing Software it should say (Start a New Project) or Name and that is pretty much the title of what you're about to edit.
2. After you do that you want to get your file that has all the clips you want to edit/put together, open it, and drag it into the middle of your screen.
3. Next, you want to create a timeline (An area where you can connect the clips together into one big video) In Shotcut it should be on the bottom left corner of your screen. Click the 3 Bars and it should say add video track at the top.
4. Drag the video you dragged from your file to the timeline. After you do that, repeat the whole process but drag in the rest of the clips you wanted to put together and just keep dragging them into your timeline. You only need one timeline.
5. Try making the clips you added to your timeline smooth so that there aren't any weird black spaces between each clip.
Step 4: Step 4: Transitions and Adding Filters
Now that you've put together your video/montage, whenever the clips end and moves on to another, doesn't it seem like there's something missing? That's cause it is. We need to add some transitions to make your montage look so much better then it is right now. Transitions are when the clip ends, it moves on to the next clip. Transitions make it so that when the clip ends, it ends in a cool way where it almost introduces to the next clip. Almost like a fade. The clip would fade in when the clip is about to end and the next clip would start to fade out and boom, it's one clean motion.
Step 5: Step 5: Making Everything Look Perfect (Adding Images, Text, Etc) Optional
Now that you've finished doing all the main edits to make your video look cool, we are about to do some little details to make the montage or video stand out more and look even better than before. Again you can go to the filter and look for text or text box and you can write whatever you like.
Step 6: Step 6 Final Step: Making an Intro
Now if you want to make your montage or video even better than how it is right now, what you can do is make an intro. Now, it's not necessary but it could bring your video up to the next level.