Introduction: Medical Headbands
These headbands are great for medical professionals who need to wear a mask all shift and experience discomfort on their ears.
2 medium to large flat buttons
Step 1: Cut Your Fabric
1. Cut knit fabric. I used a heavy weight jersey type fabric with a moderate stretch. I cut them to be 8 “ x 21”. This can vary by the weight and stretch of your fabric.
Step 2: Fold Fabric
1. Fold the fabric with the right sides together lengthwise (like a hot dog).
Step 3: Sew the Long Seam
Sew the seam using a stretch stitch with a ¼” seam allowance.
Step 4: Seam Allowance
Leave a 1” allowance on each end of the seam.
This will form a tube of fabric.
Step 5: Turn Fabric
1. Turn tube of fabric right side out.
Step 6: Pin the Short Ends
1. Pin the short ends (where you left it unsewn) with the right sides together. Sew a ¼” seam allowance with the stretch stitch.
Step 7: Turn Right Side Out.
1. Remove pins and turn right side out with the seam in the middle of the inside of the ring.
Step 8: Stitch the Opening Closed.
1. Stitch the opening closed by hand.
Step 9: Sew on Buttons
1. Sew large buttons about 2 ½ “ from the back seam toward the top edge of the band.