Introduction: Melting Holiday Snowmen Cookies
Are you are looking for the best Christmas cookies then you are going to love these. This is seriously the best Christmas cookies recipe ever and these melting snowmen cookies are sure to wow everyone who tries them!
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup room temperature (2 sticks) butter
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 bag marshmallows
- orange gel food coloring
- food safe marker
- mini M&Ms
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoon warm water
- 3 tablespoon meringue powder
Step 1: Sugar Cookie Directions
- Take 3 cups flour and combine baking powder and salt. Mix till combined and set aside
Step 2: Sugar Cookie Directions
- Cube up your 2 sticks of butter as this makes it easier and quicker to mix
- Mix in 1 cup of sugar and beat for 2 minutes till the mixture becomes light and fluffy looking
- Wipe down your sides and add 1 egg at a time and mix after each addition
- Wipe down sides again and add vanilla extract then mix well till combined
Step 3: Sugar Cookie Directions
- Take your flour mixture and add a small amount at a time, mixing after every addition
- Your end product will look crumbly
- Take the dough and portion into two dough balls
Step 4: Sugar Cookie Directions
- Take clear plastic wrap and lay some flat on a table
- Take your dough ball and flatten it into a disc. This will make it easier to roll out when time
- Place both discs into the fridge for 1 hour
Step 5: Sugar Cookie Directions
- Take out your dough discs and let them sit at room temperature for 10 minutes. This will help it roll out a little better.
Sprinkle your surface with flour
- Lay your dough disc on the floured surface and sprinkle flour over the top. Also sprinkle you rolling pin with flour as well
- Roll dough out to 1/4 inch thickness
- Take a circular cookie cutter or a glass and cut out your cookies
Step 6: Sugar Cookie Directions
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees
- Line all trays with parchment paper and place your cookies on it
- Refrigerate cookies for 10 minutes before putting them in the oven. This will help the butter harden up so the cookies will keep their shape
- Place cookies in the oven for 10 minutes. I like to rotate my tray half way through but that is up to the person making it. I find it will give it an even bake.
Step 7: Snowmen Faces
- Take your marshmallow and food safe maker and start by making the eyes.
- Take your orange gel food coloring and place some in a small bowl
- With a toothpick carefully add on the traditional carrot nose
- Add on a mouth with your marker and repeat till you have enough faces for the cookies.
Step 8: Royal Icing
- Add 4 cups of powdered sugar to a bowl
- Add 3 tablespoon meringue powder and your 5 tablespoons warm water
- Mix ingredients for 5 minutes till soft peaks form
- Take a glass and decoration bag (you can use plastic baggies if you don't have decoration bags)
- Place your icing in the bag and you are ready to decorate
Step 9: Decorating
- Place some wax paper down and place the cookies on top
- With your royal icing you are going to want to make a border for you icing.
- When all cookies have borders go back and fill them in.
- Take a toothpick and make sure all areas are filled
Step 10: Decorating
- Take white sprinkles and add to the edges of the royal icing to look like snow around the icing
- Place your marshmallow heads on the far left side of the cookie as you will need room to add the buttons.
- Take your mini M&Ms place them on the cookie.
Runner Up in the
Cookie Speed Challenge
1 Person Made This Project!
- HAMZA681 made it!
1 year ago
awesome! it's genius :) thanks for sharing!
1 year ago
LOVE the faces, sooo cute, my Sister LOVES them.
1 year ago
Aww, these are super cute! :D
Reply 1 year ago
Thank you so much ^__^