Introduction: Modern Traditional Aussie Damper
If using and oven, preheat to 190ºC
Step 1: Interesting Indgredients
- 450grams (3 cups) of self-raising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 180mL of milk. Add more if the mixture turns out too dry
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 80grams of chilled butter
Step 2: Pour in the Powder
1. Mix the flour, salt and sugar into a bowl
Step 3: Butter Time
2. Rub the butter in with your fingers
This is what it should look like. It should be like breadcrumbs.
Step 5: Pour the Milk
3. Add the milk and mix into a dough. If the mixture is too dry than add more milk.
Step 6: Doughy
4. knead dough until smooth
Step 7: Time to Cook (nearly)
5. Grease a cake tray with oil or butter and dust with flour
Step 8: In the Tray
6. Now put the dough into the tray
Step 9: In the Oven
7. Place in the oven for 30-40mins
Step 10: All Done
8. Take dough out when ready and cut in half. If it is soft leave to cool in oven for a bit.
Step 11: Eat It
You can eat it however you want. I like it with honey.
Participated in the
Bread Challenge 2017